Art Shows / Exhibitions
- 2004 Hotel Oberoi Shereton, Mumbai.
- 1999 Khushboo Art Gallery, Pune.
- Parvati Hall, Dombivali, Mumbai.
- Gujrat Hall Art Gallery, Ghatkopar, Mumbai.
- Gryndlays Bank Gallery, Mumbai.
- 2000 Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai.
- 1999 Nehru Centre, Mumbai.
- 1998 Pradarshak Art Gallery, Mumbai.
- 1997 SANS TACHE Art Gallery, Worli, Mumbai.
- 1995 Affordable Art, Bombay.
- Artist's Centre Art Gallery, Mumbai.
- Balgandharva Art Gallery, Pune.
- Kalamela, Mumbai, Pune, New Delhi.
- Hotel Sun & Sand, Pune.
- Lalit Kala Academy, New Delhi.
- National Gallery of Modern Art, New Delhi.
- Bajaj Tempo, Pune.
- Sandvik Asia, Pune.
- Alfa Laval, Pune and Many private collections in
India and Abroad.
Bhalachandra Mandke's paintings are a riot of colours
and activity unlike his own nature. His abstracts look
very constructive at a glance. There is a concentrated
effort in the total harmony of integrated line and colour.
In the dense series of planes of which the painting
is constructed the eye move in and out and may be caught
by the shimmer at a form as it advances from the planes.
There is a strong contrast between colours and lines.
The act of painting then, is the medium of communication
and he puts his own personal mark in every painting.
He belives that every word of appreciation that the
artist gets is like a pat on the back.
Mandke's relistic canvasses as well as drawings are
decorative and expressive. Figures especially women
are seen in an imaginative landscape which is mostly
rural. Here also the artist uses strong colour which
is probably used symbolically.
Everything that has crowded in his mind for so long
comes out on a paper and canvas with fervour and passion.