Born in New Delhi. 1990 Founder member of Indian Printmakers
Guild. 1995 Cocurated Emerging Trends in collaboration
with Art Inc at Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi. 1995
Coordinated, Light and Enlightenment Show, in collaboration
with Foundation for Indian Art, Amsterdam and ISLE,
Pragati Maidan, New Delhi. 1996 Chairperson, Printmakers
Day, British Council Division. 1997-99 Judging Panel,
Inlaks Foundation. 1998 Judging Panel, Charles Wallace
Scholarship. Judging Panel, Sahitya Kala Parishad, New
Delhi. 2000 Cocurated Combine Voices of the New Century,
collaboration with Gallery Alternations and Vis--vis,
National Gallery of Modern Art, New Delhi. 2000 Co-curated
with Sushma Bahl See Through - Paintings on glass at
British Council Division, New Delhi. Lives and works
in New Delhi.
- 1975 First year in painting, Weisensee Kunst Hochschule,
- 1976-81 B.F.A Painting and Printmaking, College
of Art, New Delhi.
- 1979-80 Guest student in printmaking, College of
Art, Santiago, Chile.
- 1981-82 Research Fellowship, College of Art, New
- Research Grant, Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi.
- 1993 Received British Council Grant to visit art
institutions and study contemporary art trends, London.
- 2005 Negotiating Matters, curated by Roobina Karode,
Anant Art Gallery, New Delhi.
- 2005 Manifestations III, organized by Delhi Art
Gallery, Nehru Centre, Mumbai and Lalit Kala Akademi,
- 2004 Blood Ties, a collaborative show by Kanchan
Chander and Helen Geier at Free mantle Art Centre
- 2004 Fair and Furious II, Jebiwool Art Museum, Gwacheon
Hanmadang Festivel, South Korea and Lalit Kala Akademi,
- 2003 Solo exhb. with launch of `Fires of the Sea,
Tenderness of the Desert`, a collection of poems by
Libyan artist-Idris M.Tayeb, illustrated by Kanchan
Chander, Siddharta Gallery, Kathmandu.
- 2003 Today and Tomorrow, curated by Ratnatomma Sengupta,
Habiart Gallery, New Delhi.
- 2003 Performative Texture, curated by Dr. Alka Pande,
Apparao Gallery, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi.
- 2003 Fair and Furious, curated by Sushma Bahl, Gallery
Art Alive and India Habitat Centre, New Delhi.
- 2002 Dual World, Canberra Museum and Art Gallery,
- Lawrence Gallery, Santiago.
- British Museum, London.
- Victoria and Albert Museum, London.
- Ecole Des Beaux Arts, Paris.
- Fukuoka Art Museum, Fukuoka.
- Glenberra Art Museum, Hemeji.
- Air India, Mumbai.
- Chandigarh Museum, Chandigarh.
- Patiala Museum, Patiala.
- National Gallery of Modern Art, New Delhi.
- Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi.
- College of Art, New Delhi.
- Delhi Art Gallery, New Delhi.
- 1984-85 French Govt. Scholarship to study Printmaking,
Ecole Des Beaux Arts. Paris.
- 1986 Award, Womens All India Show, AIFACS, New Delhi.
- Award International Print Biennale Award Bradford,
- 1988 Sahitya Kala Parishad Award, New Delhi.
- 1989 Yuva Mahotsava Award.
- 1990-92 Fellowship, Printmaking and Painting, Ministry
of Human Resources Development, Govt. of India, New
1986-2005 Lecturer at College of Art, New Delhi. 1990-91
Visiting Faculty Member at School of Planning and Architecture,