He was born in Calcutta. He was the Secretary of the
Calcutta Painters` Group, Calcutta. He was the executive
member of All India Sculpture Forum. 1956-57 Worked
as Senior Artist with M/s. Bhaskar, Calcutta. 1961 Represented
India in the VII International Students Meet held at
Dubrovnik and Lubljana, Yugoslavai, organized by the
U.N.E.S.C.O. He contributed articles in Yugoslav publications
on Indian Art and Education. Visited different Art Galleries,
Museums in Europe. Gave illustrated talk on art of Gaganendranath
Tagore on invitation by Indian Museum, Calcutta. 1977-79
He worked as guest artist of Lalit Kala Akademi for
casting in bronze and alluminium, number of sculptures
done by famous sculptor Ramkinkar Baij. Previously he
was the member of the Board of Studies, Calcutta University,
Kolkata and Benaras Hindu University, Benaras. Paper-Setter
and Examiner, Benaras Hindu University, Benaras, Rabindra
Bharati University, Kolkata and Visva Bharati Unive
- 1956 Diploma in Sculpture and Modelling, Govt.
College of Arts and Crafts, Calcutta.
- 1968 Exhb. organised by West Bengal Academy of Dance,
Drama, Music and Fine Arts, Calcutta.
- 1968,73 Exhb., Rabindra Bharati University, Calcutta.
- 1969 Exhb., Birla Academy of Art and Craft, Calcutta.
- 1973 Group Exhb., USIS Auditorium, Calcutta.
- 1975 Annual Exhb., Birla Academy of Art and Craft,
- 1976 All India Sculpture Exhb., Sculptor Forum of
- 1977 Art Mela, Calcutta.
- Exhb. by West Bengal State Academy of Dance, Drama,
Music and Fine Arts, Calcutta.
- 1978 Traveling exhb., Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi.
- 1979 Exhb. by `Calcutta Painters`, New Delhi.
- 1981 Homage to Picasso by `Calcutta Painters`, Calcutta.
- 1986 Trends in Bengal Art, organised jointly by
Commonwealth Institute, London and Crafts Council
of West Bengal, at Commonwealth Institute Hall, London.
- 1997 Annual Exhb., Birla Academy of Art and Culture,
- 25th Contemporary Indian Artists, Birla Academy
of Art and Culture, Calcutta.
- Teachers works of Kala B
- National Gallery of Modern Art, New Delhi.
- Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi.
- West Bengal Akademi of Dance Drama Music and Fine
- Kolkata.Roopankar Museum of Fine Arts, Bharat Bhavan,
- Birla Academy of Art and Culture, Kolkata.
- Deptt. of Culture, Govt. of West Bengal, Kolkata.
- Delhi Art Gallery, New Delhi.
- 1959-61 Govt. of Yugoslavia, for higher studies
in Sculpture and Bronze casting, awarded him a Scholarship.
- 1988 He was appointed one of the member by the Govt.
of Madhya Pradesh for selection of an artist for the
`Kalidas Samman` award.
- 1991 His interview was telecasted by the Calcutta
- 1994 Awarded Asian Paints 12th Shiromoni Puraskar,
Bepin Behari Goswami is a very significant sculptor,
because he has established a remarkable self-identity.
His artistic aptitude excelled in portraiture and human
1958-59 Lecturer in Sculptor and Head of the Sculpture
Deptt., Indian College of Arts, Calcutta. 1962-64 Came
back from abroad and joined again the Sculpture Deptt.
of the Indian College of Art and Draftsmanship, Calcutta.
1964-69 Worked as Principal of the Indian College of
Art and Draftsmanship, Calcutta. 1986-99 Taught as Reader
in the Deptt. of Sculpture, Kala Bhavan, Santiniketan.
1990 He was appointed as a Visiting Fellow of the Deptt.
of Plastic Art, Faculty of Visual Art, Benaras Hindu