- Group show at the HSBC Bank, Kolkata.
- Duo exhibition at the AFA, Kol in June.
- Group show and art camp at the Oberoi Grand , Kol,
organised by Spandan and Oberoi.
- Duo exhibition at the Visual Arts Gallery, India
Habitat Centre, N.Delhi in November.
- First solo exhibition at the AFA, Kolkata in June.
- Art camp and exhibition at Hiland Park, Kol, organised
by Spandan and Hiland Park
- Art camp and show at Taj Bengal Oganised by The
- Art Walk '04 at the Oberoi Grand, Kolkata.
- Exhibition at the Chemould Gallery, Kolkata.
- 2nd Solo Exhibition at the Academy Of Fine Arts,
Kolkata in April 2005
- Preview show at Verandah Art Gallery, Kolkata in
- 3rd Solo Show at the Chemould Gallery, Kolkata in
- Group Show at The Taj Bengal Organised by The Taj
Bengal & Verandah Art Gallery.
- 4th Solo Show at the Chemould Gallery, Kolkata
in January 2007
- 5th Solo Show at the Birla Academy of Art &
Culture, Kolkata in 14-19 August 2007
I have always enjoyed painting faces.. they are not
necessarily of people I know, most often they are imaginary.
They are not copies of photographs, I try to present
the subjects in a straight on, direct pose to bring
out aspects of their personalities that would be lost
in a mere photograph. My aim is simplicity, the bare
essentials. The works are in charcoal and acrylic on
canvas, sometimes with a touch of dark cadmium red.
There is a quality in black and white which I find to
be very different from colour and charcoal to be a very