Manish Pushkale was born in Bhopal in 1973. A trained
geologist, Manish also studied art at the art college
in Bhopal. He is also a recipient of the S. H. Raza
foundation award. Pushkale has had solo exhibitions
in Bhopal, 1994, Delhi, 1997, Pundole Art Gallery, Mumbai,
2003 and Paris, 2003. And several group shows including
the ones at, Gallery Lakereen, Mumbai, 1999, Lalit Kala
Akademi, Delhi, 2000, NGMA, Mumbai, 2001, Gallery Espace,
Delhi, 2002 and Tao Gallery Mumbai, 2003. The artist
lives and works in Delhi
- M.A. In Painting, Bhopal Award
- 1997 AIFACS Award
- 2000 Junior Research Fellowship
- 2002 Ist Bharat Bhavan Annual Exhibition Certificate
Award , Bhopal.
- 2003 Raza Foundation Award.
- 1994 Bharat Bhavan Biennial, Bhopal
- 1996 National Kala Mela, Delhi
- 1996 South Central Zone, Nagpur
- 1995-97 Raza Exhibition, Bhopal
- 1996-97 AIFACS Annual Show, New Delhi
- 1998 Antahkaran, Delhi
- 1998 INTACH show, Delhi
- 1998 National Exhibition, Delhi
- 1997-98 Kanagawa International Print Biennale, Japan.
- 1999 Millenieum Years of Khjuraho
- 1999 Kala Mela , New Delhi.
- 2005 Gadfly Gallery, Perth, Western Australia
- 2004 Collective Spaces Group Show at M.E.C. Art
Gallery , Khan Market, New Delhi.
- 2004 Young Contemporary Artists Group Show at India
Habitat Centre, New Delhi.
- 2003 Group Show at M.E.C. Art Gallery , Khan Market,
- 2002 Ishara , Art Today Gallery, New Delhi.
- 2002 Twelve Artists, Gallery Espace, New Delhi.
- 2002 Participated in Auction Conducted by Bowring
for "Sahan", Gallery Espace, New Delhi.
- 2002 Harmony Show, curated by Vikram Sethi, Mumbai.
- 2002 "Argosy", Curated by Renu Modi, Dubai,
- 2001 "Anadi", Exhibition of artists from
M.P. curated by Ratnottama Sengupta, National Gallery
of Modern Art, Mumbai.
- 2001 "Anadi", Birla Academy , Calcutta.
- 2001 Central Zone Show, curated by Akhilesh , Tao
- 2001 "JustAnother Day", curated by Ratnottama
Sengupta, AIFACS, New Delhi.
- 2000 "Anadi", Chitrakala Parishad, Bangalore.
- 2000 "Anadi",Lalit Kala Academy , New
- 2000 Rooprekha", Exhibition of Drawings, Lakshana
Art Gallery, Hyderabad.
- 2000 Group Show, Gallery Tao, Mumbai.
- 2000 Group Show curated by Renu Modi, Embassy of
France, New Delhi.
- 2000 Group Show, Gallery Espace New Delhi.
- 1999 Art from of Heart, Gallery Art Indus, New Delhi.
- 1999 Group Show for Raza, Gallery Art Indus, New
- 1999 "Red", Art Today Gallery, New Delhi.
- 1999 Group Show , Western Cultural Zone, Udaipur.
- 1999 Group Show, Gallery Lakeeren, Mumbai.
- 1999 Group Show, Alliance Francaise, Bhopal.
- 1994 & 95 M.P. Kala Parishad, Bhopal
- 1996 Lalit Kala Academy, Delhi
- 1997 ChitraKala Parishad, Bangalore
- 1998 Antahkaran Gallery, Delhi
- 1998 J.Swaminathan Memorial Show, Bhopal
- 1998 Sun Art Gallery, Bhopal
- 1998 Gallery Art and Soul, Delhi
- 1998 Park Royal, Delhi
- 1999 Art Indus, Delhi
- 1999 Dev Lalikar Kala Veethika
- Institute of Landscapping Plants, Tokyo.
- Gnanpeeth Trust, New Delhi
- EPCO, Bhopal
- West Cultural Zone, Udaipur
- Roopankar Bharat Bhavan & Administartive Academy,
- Pt.Bhimsen Joshi's Collection
- England, U.S.A , Holand,France.
- M.E.C. Art Gallery, Delhi.
- Paintings are in Collection of S.H. Raza Foundation
- Times Of India
- Manjit Bawa
- Shakti Burman
- Sarla Birla
- Ashok Vajpeyi
- and many private and Corporate office Collections
in India & Abroad.
“Manish Pushkale’s ‘Mantra Collection’
is a foray into abstraction of sound, of experience
and indeed the spirit itself. Yet his works have non
of the forlornness associated with abstract minimalism.
His paintings are fecund, organic and full of vitality.