Prakash Bhende has been a painter for
more than 40 years. He specializes in fresco style paintings.
Frescoes are inscribed cave paintings prevalent since
5th century. The caves of Ajanta & Ellora are fine
examples of Fresco painting. Surprisingly, 45 years
ago when Prakash Bhende had just heard of Ajanta/Ellora
and cave temples in India, he discovered that his paintings
had close resemblance with those present in this caves.
Being a versatile painter he decided to specialize on
Fresco Style art technique and began his own study of
cave temples of India.
Prakash Bhende has worked as Chief Designer for major
Textile Companies such as Garden Silk Mills, Reliance
Group, Standard Mills, Vijaylin & Ellora Silk Mills.
He held his First Solo Exhibition of Paintings at Chetna
- Jehangir Art Gallery which was inaugurated by Shri
Acharya Atre. In 1978 he Introduced the Multi-colour
screen printing on Sunmica for the first time in India
for Caprihans Ltd. and Standard Laminates. In 1979 he
Started a Film Production and Distribution Company.
Since then he has produced and directed six well-known
Marathi Feature Films. The Maharashtra State Government
awarded him for Best Art Work in the 1992. He has held
several one man shows and his works are in the collections
of Garden Silk Mills,Swarup Group of Industry, Goyanka
Group of Industries and many others.
- 1967 - He Started career as a Painter.
- 1962 - He was Chief Designer for major Textile Companies
viz. Garden Silk Mills, Reliance Group, Standard Mills,
Vijaylin & Ellora Silk Mills.
- 1968 - He held his First Solo Exhibition of Paintings
at Chetna Jahangir Art Gallery which was inaugurated
by Shri Acharya Atre.
- 1978 - Introduced the Multi colour screen printing
on Sunmica for the first time in India for Caprihans
Ltd. and Standard Laminates.
- 1979 - Started Film Production and Distribution
Company. Since then produced and directed Six well
known Marathi Feature Films. A Well known and respected
personality in Marathi Film Industry.
- 1992 - Maharashtra State Government Award for Best
Art Shows / Exhibitions
- 2006 One Man Show on 3RD July 2006 in The Nehru
Center, London which included special painting collection
of paintings on Buddha being a celebration of 2550th
year of Buddha’s Mahaparinarvana.(Enlightment
- 2006 Solo show as a residential artist in Agora
Art Gallery, New York, U.S.
- 2005 One Man Show on 21st January 2005 Exhibition
at Leela Art Gallery, Sahar Airport, Mumbai for Tsunami
relief fund which was inaugurated by Mr. R.R.Patil,
Dy. Chief Minister of Maharashtra.
- 2004 One man show titled "Flash Back "
at Nehru Center Art Gallery, Worli, Mumbai which was
inaugurated by Shri Balasaheb Thakare.
- 2006 Participant in Harmony Art Show 2005 of Harmony
- 2005 Participated in Monsoon Show organized by Nandan
Arts with a group of 60 renowned Artist form India
held at Nehru Art gallery, Mumbai.
- 2005 Participant in Auction held for Flood Affected
Victims held in India Art Gallery, Pune.
- 2005 Participated in Ganesha's Exhibition in Mumbai
Art Gallery, Mumbai.